The MODULYS XL, a modular UPS with 200 kW power modules, offers scalability up to 1200 kW with the ability to parallel up to 4 units. Its innovative concept ensures constant load protection in online mode, adapting to changes rapidly.
MODULYS XL – UPS Solution for Data Centers, Buildings, and Industry
The MODULYS XL is a modular UPS based on 200 kW power modules. The power of a single UPS unit can be increased up to 1200 kW, and the system can include up to 4 units in parallel. The innovative MODULYS XL concept allows for the constant protection of the load in online mode, whether to respond to load growth or to manage all aspects of the system’s lifecycle, in a secure way and with impressive rapidity. Associated with a variety of adapted Services, the MODULYS XL provides unprecedented availability and flexibility to fulfill the requirements of today’s highly critical applications.
3 standard bricks for your very own system
• UPS configurations based on 3 standard bricks for a simplified installation process.
• Repeatable and standardized assets to meet different configuration and architectural requirements.
• An adjustable number of empty power slots to match different scalability and redundancy needs.
• Complete UPS customization without modifying the core standardized bricks.
• Quality, simplicity of construction, and ease of operation.
• Power module addition or removal in only 5 minutes by one person.
• Simple and safe power module plug-in: no power or communication bus cabling required.
• Load fully protected in double conversion mode during the power extension or module swap.
• Hot-scale and swap process in incremental steps of 200 kW to reduce time and optimize costs.
• Automatic power module self-configuration and testing before connection.
• Firmware auto-alignment.
• No installation rework when a new capacity is required.
• Off-powered connection of the power module to prevent electrical arcing upon plug-in and plug-out.
Safe and easy deployment
• Specifically engineered to eliminate unexpected installation errors.
• Easy power slot positioning and perfect alignment including on uneven floors.
• Power slots with pre-engineered built-in bus bars for quick, easy, and clean interconnections.
• A full frontal access installation so the UPS can be installed against a wall.
• The power slots set up during the installation stage are ready for future hot plug-in power modules.
• Safe and easy power module handling.
• Full system heat-run test capability during commissioning without the need for an external load bench.
Concurrent and risk-free maintenance
• Concurrent maintenance of all components.
• Safe power module maintenance – outside of the running system.
• Both the power modules and the static bypass can be maintained while the load remains fully protected in double conversion mode.
• No in-situ maintenance, service, or repair that may jeopardize the running system.
• Fully extractable power modules and subassemblies and complete access to all components, reducing the MTTR.
• Built-in means to perform an exhaustive pre-test after the module’s maintenance.